(Fluorescence real-time thiol(SH) tracer)
- Measures Glutathione in Real-Time
- Works in All Cell Types
- Simple and Fast Analysis
- Requiring Only Small Amounts of Sample
Glutathione recovery after oxidant stress can be seen in this Real-Time Video using FreSHtracerTM
FreSHtracer™ is the first newly-designed fluorescent dye in the world to safely measure the level of Glutathione(GSH) in living cells. FreSHtracer™ is a small molecular probe that easily penetrates into cells and all cellular components. FreSHtracer™ works by binding to the Thiol (-SH) group of GSH.
When FreSHtracer™ is bound to GSH, it fluoresces at a peak of 510nm (F510), and when it unbinds from GSH, it continues to fluoresce at a peak of 580nm (F580). By measuring the fluorescent amount of F510 to F580, we can measure the amount of GSH throughout the cell. The binding and unbinding of FreSHtracer™ to GSH is completely reversible, so it will not consume the cell’s GSH by measuring it.
FreSHtracer™ exhibits a concentration-dependent fluorescent intensity – the more GSH bound to the dye, the brighter it gets.
FreSHtracer™ is ratiometric! GSH is measured by the level of bound GSH to FreSHtracer™ (F510) and unbound FreSHtracer™ (F580).
FreSHtracerTM is capable of measuring GSH in All Cell Types.
All cells have different levels of GSH. With a FACS machine, sort cells into 3 categories using FreSHtracer™
Sort and select cells by their GSH levels (See our GSH-High Cell Therapy). A valuable quality control tool to monitor cell passaging and ensure GSH levels are maintained.
At Cell2in, we are currently developing other organelle-specific fluorescent FreSHtracer™ probes.
FreSHtracer™’s Advantage Over Other Methods
- In High-performance liquid chromatography and Capillary electrophoresis, cells must be lysed(destruction of the cell membrane).
- Ellman’s Reagent, Monochlorobimane, and Monobromobimane irreversibly react with GSH making real-time measurement impossible.
- Grx1-roGFP is a large protein sensor that utilizes a virus to gain entry into cells but does not get absorbed by every cell and only measures levels of GSSG.